View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 05:55 AM
WHACKMASTER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: DOWNGRADE COMPLETE: Thanks Gary. Thanks SWAPA.

Originally Posted by Zman81 View Post
I don’t understand your guys math. A senior FO can make as much as a junior captain BUT WILL WORK MORE FOR IT. Ok let’s take a look at some math:

a 95 tfp reserve line for a captain is equivalent to 136 tfp for a senior FO. I am using MAX 12 year pay for a captain at 245 tfp and 171 tfp for an fo. But let’s say the fo gets a line (cause he is senior) with 21 days off at 95 tfp. Which is a base month. The avg reserve guys are doing today about 125 tfp (that’s with minimum 15 off). So if you take that 245x125 tfp your at 30,625. So for an FO to do that he is going to need 179 tfp. We previously agreed the avg senior line for an FO is 21 days off. So if you take his minimum monthly guarantee of 95 he is going to need 84 tfp EXTRA to make the 179. So even if he gets premium that pays 10 a day (which is very hard to get). He is going to have to work a MINIMUM OF 8 EXTRA DAYS!!! So his 21 off becomes 13 off that’s being gracious and giving him 10 tfp per day of work. I am a very junior captain and I was a very senior FO for a very long time. I can assure you a senior FO can make as much as a junior captain. But he/she will work alot harder for it then a junior captain commuting. This notion that a reserve line just pays 95 is INCORRECT and misleading. You get whatever pays higher. The average reserve lines today are in the 120’s. A year ago even during the height of Covid they were In the 100’s. A 3 day block of reserve pays 18 a 3 day trip pays 19.5. So if he/she gets called out for a 3 day right away their pay increases 1.5 tfp! Most senior FO’s I have come across realize this and hence are taking first available.
Bologna. Most senior FOs are NOT working as hard as junior captains. They just know how to play the system and are getting paid a high TFP/day ratio.

I’ll bet you a six pack of Deja Blu that the number bypassing upgrade will not drop below 600 at any point.