Thread: Long term 135
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 11:51 AM
Hawkerdriver1
FO

Joined APC: Apr 2015
Position: B777

Originally Posted by doubles View Post
Anybody on here do 135 long term, say for location?

How did it go for you?
Decades. Lear 24B, 25, 35A, 36, 40, 45 & 55. Also Hawker 600, 700, 800 & 850XPi.

Southern California, Long Beach, Van Nuys & Camarillo Central California, Paso Robles & Scottsdale, Arizona.

Maybe 🤔 I’m crazy, but I enjoyed 135 a lot. Sure the testing is never fun but what job is perfect anyway?

The quality of life depended on the type of immediate supervisor I had. Some Chief pilots and directors of operation who had experienced 135 themselves with families would make efforts to improve our quality of life even though it wasn’t easy for them to do so. Like the phone never ringing after 8 PM. With one operator. I was able to take my family on the jets at no charge when they had to position them to other parts of the country to commence charter flights. That was a wonderful perk.

Of course the opposite existed as well. Phone calls at all hours of the night and the supervisors telling me and reminding me that I had sold my soul so I understood what I was getting into and that I was not allowed to have a life at all….

B747-4 now…..