View Single Post
Old 11-21-2021, 06:35 PM
B727DRVR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Thumbs up South America.. Cool!

Originally Posted by El Pilot View Post
I’m currently a FO at a 121 cargo feeder outfit looking at Flight Exclusive. Was curious if I could get a day by day of the duties required by the pilots, lifestyle, etc. Here we just typically show up preflight and wait to get loaded up by the rampers and off we go. Everything is well coordinated. One of the reasons I’m interested in FE is the 15/13 schedule. I’m planning to move to South America next year and it will be ideal for me.
Hey El Pilot,

As a former 121 freight dog myself, the "toughest" job that I had was to monitor the load when I was a Flight Engineer, LOL; I've often said that Part 121 Cargo was the easiest job that I ever had. As far as all the duties, etc., why don't you PM me and I can give you the skinny on 135, on demand, Fractional, etc. as I have done all of them. As far as commuting from SA, you would have to get yourself to the Lower 48 like one of our senior pilots who lives in Italy does. I think that we have a few pilots that live in Mexico and the Islands, as well. PM me when you are able.

Also, while we aren't the only Part 135 operator that offers the 15/13 schedule (some demand it as a job requirement), we offer the most liberal home basing policy in the Industry, with me living in NC and CA.. We'll chat soon. Take care