View Single Post
Old 11-25-2021, 04:42 AM
BrazilBusDriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by SkyFlyer View Post
BrazilBusDriver

You are correct that I would not go into too much of my personal situation, probably already wrote too much. The future is impossible to predict. I want to fly international like I did in the past, I do not mean North America and some islands. Europe, Asia, Middle East, etc. Sure I can apply to other Big 121 pax and do the international flying, but I would never be able to do it as a wide body Captain, only as an FO, too large of a pilot group to reach to my seniorty before retiring.

FedEx and UPS is great but again you will be flying domestic for a while before getting to fly international and you will have to revert to flying domestic again once you upgrade. Of course, FedEx and UPS is the top tear and I would try them too, but I actually like the ACMI type of flying. I like to commute or travel to work once and then have a bunch of days off and never worry about commuting if needed. I like the idea that as a junior pilot I can still fly to great destinations without waiting for your seniority to get to a certain % to be able to do it (FedEx (unless you are base in Colongne Germany, HK is gone... move to OAK), UPS, and the big pax... you will not have that chance, you have to wait for a long time). Plus, I Iike the fact that I do not need to worry about the boxes in the back, only the specific haz mat/items that I need to worry about. Pax, you have a very long list to worry about and then some.

To answer some of your questions without being too specific: My current job has some good protections, such as the medical situation you spoke off. Altas seem to be very short on this area based on what you wrote. I have no problem slinging gear for the other guy. I would not bid 73 Captain, I would wait for the 747, 777, or 767.

Again, the pros and cons is there. It is up to me to decide if it is worth taking the leap?

Money is very important. But being truely happy is also important. I just do not want to have regrets when I retire and look back.
Sounds fair, seems like you know what you want. I agree with TiredSoul that I’d take the bigger company.

Best of luck with the call and the choice (if you have it).

Happy Thanksgiving.