View Single Post
Old 11-25-2021, 06:18 AM
WhisperJet
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Originally Posted by cskafan123 View Post
Gals and Guys,

I had spontaneous minor lung collapse that made me check into ER and I am staying here for the next 3 days.
I know there will be a long road ahead of me to regain my medical, but if someone has had a similar experience I would greatly appreciate any tips. I need to talk to a pulmonologist who is familiar with the FAA protocol. The question is whether I must undergo a surgery in order to get back my medical or there are ways to do that without going under the knife.
If someone can recommend a good pulmonologist or AME doc that can assist me in getting back my medical I will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks much in advance.

Stay healthy.
Sorry to hear about this. My suggestion is to work through Mayo Clinic. Not only are you dealing with the best of the best in terms of doctors and care, but they have an aerospace medicine branch (google Mayo Clinic Clear Approach). If you can are working with one of their pulmonary docs, they may be able to coordinate with the aerospace people when the time comes. You can call the guy at the Mayo Aerospace Dept and talk it through with him too.

If not Mayo, I would suggest Johns Hopkins, Cleveland Clinic, etc...somewhere very reputable.

Best of luck

Good luck!