View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 08:59 PM
Jamo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2021

Originally Posted by dckozak View Post
Without disparaging any particular base, I'd say that where you live is the biggest QOL issue you can control. If you have strong connections to the city, region and you and your spouse are comfortable with the area, by all means, locate to the base and take advantage of proximity to your job. Commuting at Fedex is one of the few perks that are unanimously considered better here than at the pax carriers. Look at the location, consult your significant other, children, and anyone else who's opinion you consider strongly.

It will cost you money. If you let that be the deciding factor then the decision is easy. I conservatively estimate that not living in domicile has cost me 2M plus in lost income and higher taxes. I'd say it was worth every penny.
FedEx commuting is absolutely not better than the pax airlines. I say this from personal experience. I even wrote the negotiation committee about how we could (just) bring it up to par with our pax counterparts. It didn’t make the bullet points of what we’re going for.