View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 03:36 AM
Egg320
Jet Jockey Junkie

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: F.O.

Originally Posted by Natca View Post
This is the key to QOL. A full day or more commute to ANC with ANC being at or over the year mark to bid out of is the thing to be aware of if your wanting to fly the 747. Take a look at the flight schedules and be ready for the common 0300 start on day one which means a full day or more prior commute plus the red eye flight back down south. The key is to manage your own situation correctly and individually. I have forgone company gateway transport in the winter months because of this, Fedex, ups, and DHL have better options.
From purely an aircraft a pilot wants to fly and the vast route network, 747 seems to be the way to go. However regarding the commute and days lost etc I’m thinking I will go for the 777. The 747 is an aircraft I’m desperate to fly and I know I would love it but I’m thinking do 24 months on the 777 possibly 36 and then with some seniority move over to the 74 and hopefully upgrade at the same time or within a year of moving.

Hopefully that will allow you to avoid ANC altogether as a base and do a short commute to CVG or LAX on the triple.