Thread: Mainline Hiring
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2021, 08:33 AM
ProfessionalSN
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2020

Originally Posted by AntiPeter View Post
I left NJA a few years ago. I felt NJA made getting back to 121 more difficult. It's easier to leave with an internship, 141 course, etc. I didn't have any of those and even though my record was good I felt like I needed to prove myself (again) and some look down on my NJA and 135 time.

NetJets is a very good job. I ended up not liking the increasing elderly pilot problem and, in my opinion, the pilots sold their souls for FFDP pay...QOL? Fatigue? What's that? Check out my paycheck...

No thanks.

30% of my tours at NJA were miserable. I don't think much has changed in that regard.

With that said, the healthcare is amazing and PICs make a lot of money. NJA is a very good job in our industry.

Best wishes.

My first year at a legacy was much better QOL than anytime at NJA. I can be a PIC after 2 years, so recouping the lost money is easier than I had anticipated.

I sometimes miss NJA...but overall for me the choice was clear because of the trajectory of the NJA pilot group.
Since NetJets doesn't have a forced retirement age, I know there's a large older pilot group. Does anyone have an idea of the number? With regards to what a new hire in their early 30's can hope for? If most of the pilots will retire in the next ten years, not for age but probably loss of medical and just wanting to finally retire? Thoughts on anything a younger hire can hope for in movement or issues, in the long run, making a hopeful life-long career here? Being a long-time FO doesn't bother me, but a potential light at the end of the tunnel is nice to dream about.