Thread: Vacancy Bid 2204-V2

GoCats67 , 12-03-2021 12:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off
GoCats67
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Sep 2013
Quote: This may or may not happen. There are a lot of senior pilots in IAH/ORD that have been waiting to upgrade in base that might take up a lot of these slots. I doubt if we see many unfilled CA vacancies, if any on this bid.
I think we will still see them on the coasts. With 15 737 Cap openings in both EWR and SFO along with 5 A320 Cap openings in each, I don't see those getting filled. This is especially true when you consider that at least some of the 139 other 737 Cap bids and 50 A320 Cap bids elsewhere in the system (17 in CLE holy cow!!!) will be filled by folks lateraling out of EWR and SFO which will require backfills. So, you will really need more than 20 folks to bid for 737/A320 Cap in EWR and 20 folks to bid for 737/A320 Cap in SFO that didn't bid for Cap just 4 weeks ago. I don't think those 20+ openings now available in each location are going to find enough takers as I don't think that many folks will have changed their mind from 4 weeks ago.

This is a good start in balancing the flying out of the coasts, but I do not believe it will be enough. Once this bid closes then the "clean up" bids that they mention will undoubtedly address any more unfilled Captain vacancies. The good news for the FO side of the house is that this balancing will also have to happen in the FO seat to match the staffing with the Captains, so folks trying to lateral out of the Coasts in those seats should have a much greater chance to do so sooner.