View Single Post
Old 12-04-2021, 06:35 PM
Lewbronski
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by busdriver12 View Post
You're way too old in the aviation world to be waiting around for nine months for a job that may or may not materialize. You've seen what has happened in Covid times, anything can happen.

If your dream is to fly passengers and enjoy working with flight attendants and live in that world, go with United and commute. You'll get seniority fast, from what it sounds like.

It that's not your dream, absolutely UPS. I just retired from FedEx at age 58 because I saved enough money and we have a pension, as does UPS. 21 years commuting, mostly in Delta first class, company paid tickets (just hit two million miles).Flew at American for a couple of years, and I felt like I was always rushing around on reserve. Everybody on the airplane would glare at me as I rushed into the cockpit, thinking the reason we were late was because of me. Dealing with passengers, flight attendants, gate agents, not for me. I really enjoyed working at a job that was mission oriented, aviation focused. Freight is an entirely different environment. I definitely recommend you do some jumpseating on UPS and get a taste of it. Widebody pay and pension for all. Don't wait around for a job that might never come.
Best post of the thread so far.