View Single Post
Old 12-05-2021, 06:33 AM
PRS Guitars
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by USMCv22 View Post
What about just over 3 years on property? Would you move on to one of those? Afaf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Depends.

If I lived in a Hub…hell no, I’d stay. If I was unhappy here, I might leave, but I’d have to do some real soul searching about what I don’t like here, because it could be the same or worse elsewhere.

I did have the option to leave (well interview anyway) after a year and a half here, to an airline with a hub where I live. At the time, that particular hub was shrinking and didn’t look promising, I wasn’t sure that I wanted to continue to live there, I really did not want to repeat first year pay and lifestyle, etc. There were many more pilots younger and senior to me (which I now realize will only matter in the last years at my job). I chose to stay, and have been fine with that decision.

I was completely wrong about the status of the other airlines Hub, as I could hold CA there now, and we do in fact still live there (tried a move to an AA hub and really disliked it, so moved back). I’m OK with it, have no regrets, but with hindsight, would have probably jumped ship back then. I did what I thought was best at the time and am happy.