Thread: Western Global Airlines

Swakid8 , 12-06-2021 05:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off
Swakid8
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Apr 2015
Quote: I haven't crunched the numbers because I'm not entirely sure what the numbers are at either carrier-but couldn't one argue that with Gateway travel at Atlas, you have fewer days off than with WG with their true home basing and travel being done on days 1 & 17? And then new hire pay being $1600/month for 4 months at Atlas, wouldn't that put first year pay lower vs WG? Now, after year one is complete I don't know who would make more money or have a higher QOL...
Losing days off with Gateway is all dependent on where one lives in relative to their base. Those who live base aren’t losing days off, those with good flight options to their bases aren’t losing days off too much. Those who see the pain with losing days off with Gateway travel are those with long commutes to their base. Let’s get those facts out there.

That 116 includes extension pay of 20 days? If so, then no WGA compensation doesn’t beat Atlas 5y first year. Minus the base training pay (no per diem included) at 4 months (worst case scenario), a Atlas 747 FO has to average a credit of 117 per month over a 8 month period to be 116K. That’s hard to do in a normal environment, but if one was to be extended up to 3 days involuntarily each month at Atlas up to 20 days to match those of WGA, then yes. If you want to include bonuses, then I’ll toss in our premium flying in and out of China and other CDC level 4 places that is paying 175 percent that can have a person break 117 hours easily….

The compensation actually might be very close at the end of the day for first year if we are talking base pay at min guarantee…