Thread: Working at JB
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 07:45 AM
TheDuster
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by PositiveRate88 View Post
To begin with, the training pay is really low, maybe the lowest in the industry, I’m aware of several regionals where you would make more money while in training than you do at JetBlue. The training pay is $2,000/month BEFORE taxes and benefits, which means if you are putting your family on your medical benefits your paychecks will be around $500 twice a month.

They tell you to expect six weeks of this but they have really bitten off more than they can chew down in Orlando… the first thing I found out when I got down there is that classes ahead of me were experiencing sever training delays. They are short on instructors and the sims go down for MX. Despite this they keep shoving classes of 50 pilots through every other week. We had one guy in our class who was awarded the 220 get sent home for a month. We had several guys on rolling cancelations for 3 weeks.

Once that’s all over you’d expect them to switch you to line pay no problem… and you’d be wrong. Despite the fact that they made you wait 12 weeks to complete a background check before giving you a class date, despite the fact that you’ve been on property for 3 months, and despite the fact that the CBA clearly states once a pilot has competed LOE they cutover to line pay… this is not happening. Payroll is aware we have completed LOE but they still have not completed our paperwork so they are still paying us training pay, but don’t worry they will back pay us! (Merry Christmas…) The union is aware but they tell us there’s nothing they can do and that a grievance would take too long, “by the time we made it to arbitration you will have already been paid”

So if you take the job and come here, when they make you sit in that auditorium and tell you we are all one big family. Take it from me, they don’t give a **** about you….
Do you honestly think that any airline gives a ****? You’re a number dude… Once you drop any pretense that an airline will ever be a family you’ll be much happier.