Thread: Mainline Hiring
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 05:57 AM
MinRest
Mmmm wine

Joined APC: Feb 2020
Position: A220 FO

Originally Posted by ASACapt View Post
We don’t have any 10 year upgrades because it’s not 2025. No one knows yet when the 2015 class will upgrade. NJA still has to get through the 2008 seniority group first. NJA did not hire from Dec 2008-Dec 2014. I don’t count the one person in 2009 since he’s in management.

We won’t know actual upgrade times post furlough because we are not there yet. But they will reduce automatically by 6 years when we get to the 2015 new hires.

You got here in 2015 when we were under a terrible CEO whom turned everyone against each other and was eventually fired. You never stuck it out to see the great company we have evolved to.

You left for greener grass or so you thought, yet keep coming back to this one. You sat at home for a year while the taxpayers paid for your at home staycation, yet still feel the need to come back here. You’ve finally upgraded at a part 121 airline, yet still come back here.

You don’t seem to be happy at the greener grass based on your other posts over there. Will you ever be happy? The grass is only greener where you water it. Find your grass to water. It’s clearly not here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Math seems a bit hard for you so I will help. If a 2008 hire hasn't upgraded yet, then you are absolutely right, you don't have 10 ear upgrades. You have 13 year upgrades and climbing. If somebody hired in 2008 waits 13 years to upgrade, then the upgrade took 13 years. You don't get to dismiss the time during furloughs to somehow not count towards current upgrade times. Will those times drop when you get though the gap? Absolutely! But you can only go on the DOH of the junior CA to gauge upgrade times. This is how it is done literally EVERYWHERE else. 2015 hires had no furlough, no gap, nothing. My 2015 classmates are still several hundred pilots away from upgrading. Will they upgrade at the 10 YOS mark? Maybe, probably!

I know any realistic talk of NJA cuts to your core so I apologize for upsetting you. I know you needed the math lesson, do I need to explain how public forums work as well?