View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Lori Clark
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: Aviation Consultant

Originally Posted by turbojet28 View Post
I am preparing for the interview process that I hope to begin in a few months, and have been thinking about different ways to make myself look more presentable/professional. I have started to grow up and make a point of keeping my logbook clean and updating it as I fly, but I did have a point where I was getting lazy about logging flights, and in the process of updating my logbook in bulk, made a few errors that don't look too pretty. I've been told it isn't a big deal because I was young and inexperienced, and I have made a concerted effort to have all my recent entries be more neat. My question is concerning the validity of bringing electronic prints of flight times to interviews.

I would rather not spend a lot of money on an expensive software program when I can make my own spreadsheet in MS Excel. If I make a nice, presentable spreadsheet with my complete flight history, and attach photocopies of all endorsements and checkrides, will that look good to an interviewer? Obviously I would bring my original book with me to the interview as well, but would it be worth it to make a nice, neat printout? I just want to maximize my professional image. When it comes time for the HR/Tech interview, should I just ask if they would like the printouts? Thanks for the input.
Your logbook is your "diary" or sorts...it's only as good as your word. So what format you choose and how you choose to present it is completely up to you - it's a personal choice.

Just don't forget to sign the pages!

By the way...the neat and presentable part (Josh is absolutely right) is important because the interviewer needs to be able to read it. This is why white out is a no-no. They simply need to be able to read and understand it and your flying history.