View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Hornet1
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2007

Here's my 2 cents. I'm a SLC commuter living on the west coast but will be moving to LAX soon. If your biggest concern is maximizing your days at home, I would choose SLC for now. My reason has to to with long call. You will not be able to sit long call from home if based in LA. I doesn't happen often but Scheduling could call you at 7pm for a 5am short call or 7am trip the next day. Probably not going to be able to find a flight from RNO to LAX that late. If you were living in Reno you could theoretically drive it if you really had to. You will find out that having the ability to drive if you really need to will give you more time at home, mainly to give you a back up to get to work. Probably not ever going to need to do it but just in case.
If it is just ease of commuting LA would be a better choice as there are more flight RNO-LA. Right now there are no trips that start out other than LAX. I really hope not but that could change at any time though.
As far as the flying goes. The SLC MD90 has pretty good trips but we have been picking up more ATL trips lately. Expect 2-4 legs per day. The LAX 73N for now has mainly 1 leg coast to coast flying with a couple of turns down south. But again that may change at any time.

Good luck on your decision.