View Single Post
Old 12-11-2021, 05:49 PM
LiftVector
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2018

Originally Posted by hawk4974 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm extremely new to APC and I'm trying to catch up on all of the posts about XO and get them read. I know that many have asked about gouges (which there really is none) but my question is more to the hiring process. I've completed my first interview and am waiting for the technical interview which I assume will be like most. I'm curious though if anyone has a feel for the timeframe of it all? My first interviewer said that it will be awhile since there are only a few captains that conduct these interviews. I tried to get a time frame and he just told me that there's 21 people in front of me that are waiting for the same thing. I hope that wasn't the "Don't call us, we'll call you" treatment.

Also, I was trying to find out what the dress code was. I saw that they have added uniforms but a lot of pilots don't wear them (my info is pretty old). Do they allow beards or just a mustache? I want to look the part when I get the call.

Chris
Hello Chris,

I am an XO recent hire. The process is slow, patience is key. If they reached out for availability to schedule another interview, it doesn’t hurt to stay in contact with the recruiter. I think this company could do a bit better with communication on the admin side as it seemed like many things that could be planned were done last minute. After the recruitment process, it became clear that flight crews with passengers take a lot of attention. HR isn’t just hiring pilots either, they’re hiring for many roles. (Busy is never an excuse, but it helps to understand) If you’re not hearing from them it doesn’t mean they forgot about you. With that being said, every employee and management pilot that I have spoken to about an issue has taken ownership of problems (even when it wasn’t their problem) and given solutions. As a new FO I feel that management supports us and trusts us (a rarity these days). As far as last minute information, get used to it. It’s Part 135 and the big picture is always changing, that’s what makes it so fun.

Uniforms are a dark grey pilot uniform with stripes and a white shirt with epaulets. They come from Europe and it takes a while to get them. I purchased a belt and shoes. We get a winter coat too but they’re on back order so I have a tasteful black coat as well. Everybody wears the uniform. The facial hair policy allows for well groomed beards and mustaches but that’s very new. When I interviewed I had a beard and it wasn’t an issue, I shaved it off for INDOC. I haven’t tested the waters with the facial hair policy yet. During the interview, just be your honest self. The people I have met at this company have all been fantastic. Hope this helps and good luck.