View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Nightsky
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Default You call Crew Scheduling. Hold time =?

I'm very curious to see what kind of hold times the different airlines have when trying to reach CS. I've had to call CS much more than usual the past 2 months due to no fault of my own. Out of 13 phone calls, the shortest hold time was 38 minutes. Longest was 1 hour 28 minutes. Airline is XJT. In the entire past year, my shortest hold time has around 25 minutes. So apparently, the CS dept. here is FUBAR in more than the obvious ways. I cannot afford to spend this much time on the damn phone waiting on hold!

This is for things as ridiculous as trying to get hotel information to getting them to restore rolled days off (yes I'm a lineholder and still getting them rolled!) to contacting them about trip mods, etc. Earliest phone call was around 230 am and latest was 11pm. It made no difference whatsoever what time of day it was, what the weather was, or day of the week. No matter what, I experience ridiculous and absurd hold times. For the two times it was to get what hotel they had for me, the departure times of the next days flights had to be bumped back because of being on hold so long.

Talking to my fellow crews, they have been experiencing the same things. So I'm curious what your experiences are trying to reach CS at your employer. I'm beyond fed up with this issue. Please tell me this isn't normal.