View Single Post
Old 12-18-2021, 10:46 AM
Swapapotamoose
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2021

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
Last time I checked, pilots weren’t being forced to apply to Breeze. For the longest time Spirit was berated as the “ghetto” airline that undercut everyone’s wages and hurt contract negotiations and now Spirit has one of the better contracts and job prospects out there.

How about we give Breeze a chance to prove itself without so much animosity and ill will? If it can’t succeed, whatever assets are available will likely be bought out by JB (I think the long term plan is to merge the two anyway).

There will always be haters and anonymous naysayers (especially on APC), but I think we should give Breeze a chance to prove itself over the next 12-18 months. If Breeze can’t improve pilot pay over time the airplanes will eventually sit idle and JB will swoop in. Let’s see if it works.
Margarita is miserable because he’s been at allegiant a long time and he knows Breeze will by far be a better airline. Breezes pay after 7 months is on par with allegiant after 25 years lol (and they fly smaller equipment). The pilot shortage at Breeze will increase pay and improve work rules because unlike allegiant, Breeze is getting BRAND new airplanes that MUST be flown.