View Single Post
Old 12-19-2021, 09:53 PM
Big E 757
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: A320 Left seat

Originally Posted by J Fish View Post
There actually were named variants between delta and omicron with the exceptions of iota and xi (skipping the latter so as to not anger a certain world leader that lied about it’s release). There were a couple variants of concern in there but the rest didn’t pose enough threat to get MSNBC or CNN to spin up the fear mongering.
This is true. I guess it has mutated 17 (I think) times since Delta, so that’s the reason for the gap in names. According to my Doctor, this Omicron variant is 15x more transmissible than Delta, but as all evidence so far indicates, like all virus mutation progressions, is much less virulent (doesn’t make people as sick) than the initial bugs.

Basically, it has mutated itself into a common cold virus (which it was to begin with, just really severe initially). I think, in another month or so, we will realize this whole Covid thing isn’t really a threat to most of us anymore, and it will just be an Endemic virus, like the cold or flu going forward. That’s my hope, anyway