Thread: Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Rooster435 , 12-20-2021 08:30 AM
Gets Weekends Off
Rooster435
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Aug 2012
Quote: So the flight was closed out, maybe even boarding door closed. You're considering trying to get the crew's attention, by what, waving your ID card from a window at the terminal? What exactly are you expecting the captain to do? Flights do depart early, especially if all the paying passengers are on board. Long gone are the days when the captain can demand the gate agent open up a closed flight again.
It was 15 prior to scheduled departure but they had moved the departure up 5 mins so in the red coats mind it was 10 prior to departure and the flight was closed. Last passengers were still boarding. I was traveling for personal reasons so that’s why I didn’t try and contact the crew. If I was in uniform and needed to get to the destination I would have no problem using that card.

Not sure if you are a Capt or not but the Capt absolutely has the authority to get the gate agent to open up a closed flight. They may complain or put the late on the crew but so be it. Nothing moves till the parking brake is released. I’ve done it before for late connecting pax when the door is closed right at 10 mins early and you can see them frantically running up to the gate. Ive found most gate agents are happy to do it as long as they don’t get blamed for not meeting one of their metrics.