Thread: Psa new hire
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2021, 07:21 AM
saltbae
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2020

Originally Posted by Marcdjohnson496 View Post
CPK34, about your sim instructor during MV setting you up that high on glideslope.

That doesn't sound right. My background is currently light jets through CAE or Flight Safety. 3 PIC types. And a PIC type on the Shorts 360. Your 1 experience doesn't remotely sound professional. The
main task through all my 135 training has been to fly stabilized approaches into the appropriate missed approach. Even in bad weather, even single engine. Even circling in bad weather. On the
check rides I'm used to, you maintain aircraft control through a time compressed sequence of events. It's hard enough on its own. I can't imagine that it's appropriate to be set intentionally in a
non-stabilized condition and then get graded on your ability to recover. This was only 1 sim instructor? Our 135's ride are KV and MV combined.

I think some young people are too hung up on having 1 failed checkride or event. If you get through regional training, get on the line, contribute, upgrade, contribute some more, then you are due
a job at American/Delta/United etc. regardless of if you have 1/2 bad days in a sim at some point in your career. IMO.

What am I misunderstanding? I am considering PSA in the very near future. This career change for me would be about finishing 121 in a bigger plane with more responsibility. Travel benefits.
Asia and S. America. My biggest fear is that the pace of regional airline for a 60 year old. But does sitting reserve in an airport far from home and not flying much equally stink?
Any PM's from current PSA people would be much appreciated.
You have to be here for 10 years to get flight benefits after retirement. You won’t get much time off to use flight benefits while on reserve. Go somewhere else that gives more than 11 days off a month if you want to use flight benefits to travel.