View Single Post
Old 12-22-2021, 07:28 AM
TOGALOCK
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by oneculiaoflyer View Post
Attrition, Growth... bla, bla, bla is Not the issue
The biggest problem of this airline is First Year Paid
With a rate of not even $60 an hour, having to pay for over 2.5 months for hotel and other expenses..plus the wait for IOE, etc
For middle-aged people with a family and a Mortgage, is really impossible to survive making less than $3500 a month after tax.
Let's be realistic, It's a Joke.
That's why a big chunk of people Leaves before year one,
Because First Year Is A Killer.
I don’t disagree and those are things that the company has a right to change at any moment. I’m confident that they will when they feel they need to. However, as previously pointed out time and time again, yes we have attrition, but our net pilot growth per month at the moment is still on track (and better in some cases) with what we need. People have it in their minds that we need far more pilots than we do. If we were to have a net growth of 15 airplanes in a given year at approx 15 crews per plane (15x15) we need to only gain 225 pilots for the year. Or be able to net 18.75 pilots per month. We are still currently there at the moment.

Pilots need to be pilots and leave the running of the airline to the people that pulled us out of bankruptcy, made us profitable, and doubled our size since they took the helm. I don’t like the way they run things anymore than anyone else and I’ve grown weary of pounding square pegs in round holes to make up for deficiencies every time I go to work, but I will concede that they know what they are doing. Indigo and BB are far smarter than you give them credit for. We just don’t like how they operate.