Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2020

Originally Posted by DWC CAP10 USAF View Post
No to static block hours.....yeah to poor planning

Network: "Hey, we want to fly 10 x one day turns out of NYC on Dec 24"

Crew Resources: "Uummmm, we don't have the staffing for that"

Network: "Cool Story...pound sand, it's a done deal!"

Crew Resources: "FML!"

Scheduler at the OCC signing in after the 0700 PCS run: "WTF.....why do I have 10 x 1 day trips and 5 x 2 day trips to cover tomorrow and the RAL shows zero people in the one day and two day availability grouping?!?!"

So riddle me this of wise Sailing, who's exactly is at fault for the "improperly staffed category"? Because I can tell you with 100% certainty it's not the pilots fault!
Bingo. This has been a long time coming too. Who bails Delta out of Deltas bad decision? The pilots. It’s like that TV show—how I met your mother. You know how every episode ends, the storyline just changes each time. When I go look at daily trip coverage and it’s not reserves being assigned things, rather an entire page of g#_, that’s an issue.

Now take that one step further, they signed an agreement that results in lower TLV’s, and had 9+ months to prepare staffing accordingly. Nada.

Now we are talking about a smaller Jan AE. Citing market demand and Omicron. We all know that Omicron is mild, and you have a 40% less chance of hospitalization over the Delta variant. Something like 72% less chance of hospitalization over the original wu-flu. So, crew resources will make the wrong call again, then rely on GS this summer.

If they can lose a couple bil on fuel hedges, they sure as hell can spend a few extra million staffing the ranks appropriately.