Old 12-23-2021, 11:37 AM
LoneStar32
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by new guy View Post
Here's the thing....I don't care about upgrade. I don't care of QoL. I'll live anywhere. I want the regional that will give me the most flight hours. That's all that matters. I want the most hours each month. I'll get to the other places I'm trying to go on my own whenever I get there. Which regional will allow me to come off/ skip reserve quickest and start building flight time?

Many of you were military. I'm keeping a bit of that mentality for this. I understand that you can eat your cake and have it too at certain regionals that provide better benefits, better time off schedules, etc. I'm going for the trenches. Fly when I'm on the schedule. Volunteer to fly on days off. I exist to do two things; chew bubblegum and fly aircraft. But where will I get the best opportunity?
Upgrade should be the number one priority for anybody starting out in the industry, not flight hours. But then again the quicker you accumulate flight hours the quicker you will be eligible to upgrade. Whoever is mentoring you right now, fire them.