View Single Post
Old 12-27-2021, 09:36 AM
DC462
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: Transition

Originally Posted by Cougs View Post
I guess I don’t see it as entitled. I’m not trying to get sweet layovers, or commutable lines, or deadheads with lots of soft time, or trips with LCAs that get bought. I literally want to fly my MPG as quickly as possible, and go home to my family. 5 hours per day is a terrible batting average, especially when you’ve got a 89 hour month. Put me in coach. I’ll get 8 hours of block time a day if I can manage it. I’ve got 4 young kids and all I want is time with them. I’ve tried dropping and trading trips that CCS says are legal and I have yet to get a trip traded (I’m trading into open time trips or trips that other guys want to drop). I’ve used BidNav without any success (asked for low credit line, got 89 hours). Maybe this is part of the learning curve? Perhaps this is just the way it is, and my expectations of time away from work are unrealistic? I’m still trying to figure it out, but if I’m away from home 18 days a month, my wife is going to make me find a different job.
Youu should have done your research beforehand. Your schedule is what your seniority can hold. You might want to look for another company or different line of work.