View Single Post
Old 12-29-2021, 07:30 AM
TiredSoul
All is fine at .79

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Paahlot

I can try and argue but I won’t.
You do it your way and I’ll do it mine.
I’m not a fast learner in an abstract way as I’m a nuts and bolts kinda person.
I have to study “wax in - wax out”, first time I read something new I don’t t get the half of it.
I’ve given up trying to understand something first time as that just doesn’t work for me.
So I’m not talking about memorizing and being able to draw the entire electrical or hydraulic system prior to class.
More have a general idea of what is connected to what in a hip bone connected to the knee bone kinda way.
A’right Im slow…sue me
From assembling mechanical stuff you find out about stacking tolerances.
I just don’t want to end up having a less then bright day in training with an instructor who’s having less then a stellar day and now I’m trying to catch up with a less then glorious training partner.
Just to put the fear of the Lord in some of y’all, there are 100’s of threads here about quality of training at SoSo-Air or LowPay Airlines.
Failed checking events and dismissals.
This is not Part 61 flight training where you just go on and on and on till eventually they pass a ride.
Part 121 training is about efficiency and this is what you get, 5 days of ground school and the rest you do in your own time. 7-8 sim sessions with one re-do and that’s it.
Why would t you want to show up prepared for success?