Old 12-29-2021, 02:31 PM
kevin18
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by at6d View Post
Ok, I’ll bite.

How was the Lost Decade or trying to make it as an airline pilot in the 90’s easier than it is now?

Having it “different” doesn’t mean it’s harder. There is no way anyone applying today would travel back in time to 2001 and trade spots.

Every generation does talk like you mentioned. However, sometimes there is truth in the matter.
I think you donned a storm trooper helmet and missed my point. Marg was saying that the young pilots today have it so much easier. Claiming people don’t have to be CFIs or, gasp, fly single piloted in IFR. I wasn’t saying that isn’t the case. I was saying that’s the way it is. Especially in wrt aviation things have gotten easier as technology progresses. That’s the point of innovation. I then went on to point out that it’s like that through history in almost every aspect. I can’t think of something that’s harder to do now that was much easier back in the day.

I would question the intelligence of a person who insists on using paper charts these days more than be impressed by their ability to do so. Thumbing through those things was a pita and even more so when you had an airport in a completely different place than where you expected it to be because the name of the airport put it in x instead of city b.