Old 12-29-2021, 02:58 PM
av8or
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: This side of the dirt.

Originally Posted by kevin18 View Post
I think you donned a storm trooper helmet and missed my point. Marg was saying that the young pilots today have it so much easier. Claiming people don’t have to be CFIs or, gasp, fly single piloted in IFR. I wasn’t saying that isn’t the case. I was saying that’s the way it is. Especially in wrt aviation things have gotten easier as technology progresses. That’s the point of innovation. I then went on to point out that it’s like that through history in almost every aspect. I can’t think of something that’s harder to do now that was much easier back in the day.

I would question the intelligence of a person who insists on using paper charts these days more than be impressed by their ability to do so. Thumbing through those things was a pita and even more so when you had an airport in a completely different place than where you expected it to be because the name of the airport put it in x instead of city b.
Funny how the airlines are only talking about adding to their ranks at the bottom end of the pay scale but Kirby and the WSJ aren’t even discussing allowing qualified pilots at the top end to fly to 70 as long as they can pass a medical. Wonder why that would be? 🤔🤔