View Single Post
Old 12-30-2021, 06:33 PM
tsimmns927
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by ShrtSnorter View Post
I paid 100% out of pocket for my ppl and used the gi bill to reimburse (partial) the rest of my ratings in 6 months. I still had left over funds to get my BS while finishing up up my ratings. If you’re ready, take the leap and hit the training as fast as possible and get it knocked out!
What type of GI bill did you use, post 9/11 or Montgomery GI BILL? And did you go to a college or stand alone part 141? My stand alone part 141 is saying the VA says IR and CPL are the same and will only pay about 13k towards each. Could be BS for them trying to get more money but who knows. I had a discovery set for tomorrow, but the CFI had to push it back two weeks so I feel like every day that passes I’m losing valuable time. I basically In a black hole for flight training. Pay out the a** for using GI bill where I live, drive 2 hours to use full GI bill, or use an independent cfi Who doesn’t take the GI bill and pay out of pocket, which I might have to do anyways for the PPL, but it’s not what I’m wanting to do for all ratings.