View Single Post
Old 01-02-2022, 11:17 AM
SJS Maverick
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by Swapapotamoose View Post
No that ended in December.
I’m not being negative I’m just being honest. Although Breeze is not bad if you compare it to a regional, it is nowhere near industry standard. Breeze pilots are currently fighting for changes that will get them closer to CURRENT contracts. Even if breeze gives them another raise and some work rule improvements they will always be lagging behind other carriers when those carriers negotiate their new contracts in the coming years. Management tries to sell the seniority ticket but that ticket is valid pretty much anywhere in the next 10 years. Everyone has either a ton of retirements or they are growing immensely. Seniority will be good anywhere you go. Breeze could be a really good place a few years from now but why gamble if there’s better options that are sure things when it comes to pay, retirement, work rules etc….
“why gamble”? Maybe because mainline isn’t knocking on my door! Under your logic why go to a regional if NASA is hiring? Breeze is about the same pay as allegiant and they’ve been around for 25 years. As much as you don’t think it will matter in 10 years seniority still matters to me! “Always be lagging”?That’s what people said about frontier and sun country!

Breeze has like 30 more 195s and 79 more A220s on order. That means they’re going to need around 1000 pilots! You think they’ll keep the pay low if they need to hire that many in a short time? If anything people can work there while making more then a regional and look at their options after a couple years. Could be a great stepping stone or a career airline.

I’m not on here nor did I ask for yours or anyone else opinion if I should work there. I’m asking my own questions that are important to me so I can make my own informed decisions and what’s best for my family!