View Single Post
Old 01-02-2022, 03:05 PM
SJS Maverick
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by Swapapotamoose View Post
Calm down champ. If ppl have offers from other LCC’s or if maybe they’re a Capt at a reputable regional then ya Breeze is a gamble. Ask anyone on the line, they’ll tell you they took a pay cut going to breeze. Specially the senior OO guys. if breeze pays more than your regional, If you commute to day trips and Now you’re paying for an apt or hotel/Airbnb out of your own pocket, is it really a raise? Does breeze need pilots? Yes. Will they do everything possible to keep pay as low as possible until they go public? Absolutely. Will they implement basic work rules like min day guarantee or not displacing pilots into reserve when they use their trips for OE? Absolutely not. Do whatever you want man but there’s a reason why they’re hiring ozzies when other majors aren’t.
Most pilots take a pay cut when they switch airlines. If you’re a senior CPT at Republic and you go to United you’ll take a pay cut the first year! So does that mean they shouldn’t go to United? Second year captain pay at breeze is higher than year 20 at Republic! Too me “reputable regional” are two words that don’t go together! I think you’re taking more of a risk staying at a regional that’s dependent on the mainlines! How did it work out for Compass! Do you think any other company doesn’t try to pay the least amount as possible? I put more faith in Breeze that has raised a significant amount of capital.

my point was people have their own reasons for picking one place over another! No reason to be negative!