View Single Post
Old 01-09-2022, 08:39 PM
DC462
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: Transition

Originally Posted by Apollo2Houston View Post
I just recently used a course for the United airlines selection process. I passed the hogan, and shortly after went to the interview but was given the ‘No’ due to an error within my private pilot log book carrying over hours into my electronic logbook. And also an admin error within my application that stated I had a 3.3 gpa in college but my transcript showed 3.0. I believe these 2 things set me back in the review board. My question to you all is have you heard of any pilots getting reselected for an invite after completing an interview prior to 12 months. If not what, in your opinion, would be the best course of action to possibly get UAL to shorten that time frame? Thanks in advanced
my understanding is the computer selection will de-select your for 12 months then your app is back in the mix. I was given a no and figured I was done but somewhat after the 12 month mark was invited again and passed. I know it’s a big blow to ego but fix the errors, get your app reviewed by a quality company, Cage for United, but ECC is good as well, update your app every other week, stay positive. In this environment you will get an interview somewhere and maybe again at United. Own your mistakes when asked and demonstrate what you learned ( I.e. provide a concrete, verifiable example). Good luck. Never give up, life could be much worse.