View Single Post
Old 01-15-2022, 12:43 PM
Swakid8
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Originally Posted by RyeMex View Post
Thanks for that. Just almost spit out my coffee through my nose. Hahah
‘Love it mane! I’ve never seen such a pilot group who fears the use of V/S….

Originally Posted by dera View Post
This would be funny if it wasn't true. Some seasoned pilots consider V/S an immediate self destruction button.
But the protections….

Originally Posted by CRJJ View Post
I'm curious about this as well. What type of guidance is being ignored?

I've always had something embroidered in my brain, since I'm a kid. Listen to those who have 'been there and have done that', so that you can learn from those errors and mistakes. When it comes to this job, there are so many little details and things that could happen, that having a 'seasoned' pilot by your side can be priceless.
And this is how I approach every flight, I listen, observe and ask when needed.

With that being said. There is a ton of psychology involved in the cockpit, making it in my opinion the hardest part of the job. Some seasoned pilots, or I should say the vast majority, are also humble and patient, which makes this job awesome. But there are also grumpy frustrated smartasses out there, that can make you hate your job that day.

And the longest flight on my fleet is like 4.5h, so I can only imagine sharing a 15h flight with one of those haha. But the augmented crew must ease the tension a little bit? just a guess.

Can someone be more specific about those issues and article 19? So far it's a bit abstract. Arguments about Politics!?
Simple, don’t be a be a stupid dick that makes the company send out reminder emails of how to conduct yourself abroad…..