View Single Post
Old 01-15-2022, 05:01 PM
tennisguru
Roll’n Thunder

Joined APC: Oct 2009
Position: Pilot

Originally Posted by flyingm2 View Post
Not exactly sure if this is the best place for this question but I want to ask to get ideas from current Delta Pilots or anyone who was just hired.
I am an FO at an American WO and have been here for a little under a year. I am 21 with a R-ATP until I’m 23. Not because of hours/flight time, but just because of age. I have roughly a year and some change before I’ll be 23, and I know that most legacies want 23 and Unrestricted ATP. I have a 4 year degree and no checkride/company failures.
My question is when is a good time to start putting my application out at Delta? I’m trying to be on top of the game if I were to get a call as an FO, and get an idea so I really appreciate it.
They’ll never call you if you don’t apply. Don’t self-select yourself out of the process. Put your stuff in ASAP and keep it updated. Your app can be scored once per year. If you know a Delta pilot who can put in a rec for you I’d get your app squared away and have the rec sent in while you’re still over a year away from turning 23. Worst case they’ll pass you over but you’ll have your stuff in and 12 months later when you hit 23 have the rec updated again for a rescore and hopefully you’ll get the call then if you haven’t already.