Thread: FlyExclusive
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 04:35 PM
Gotham
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2022

Originally Posted by PilotodeFE View Post
The new SVP of Flight Ops is a hopeful sign. Day to day is fine, pay is fine. Sounds like the biggest QoL on the road pain points (crew meals and hotel quality) are on the immediate to-do list for the new SVP of Flight Ops. But it also doesn't sound like a return to self-booking is coming, unfortunately. Communication in general often sucks between pilots and those at HQ. It takes too many layers and too long to accomplish things that are needed in short order to ensure smooth ops and good customer experiences.

Long-term I think people struggle to see movement to other fleets here. Supposedly a clearer, more defined process is being worked/published (as of now, on paper you just have a 2-year seat lock and then are "free" to move fleets at company need, but people have been stuck on lights and mids desiring supermid and heavy for a lot longer than two years)--if so that would help the longevity side of the equation. There were also some previous promotions to larger fleets that seemed to blatantly supersede seniority and were based on "who ya know," but I really would say a lot of that seemed tied up with the old SVP of Ops (who was himself a big pain point for a lot of pilots).

Mgmt has talked a lot of late about decreasing insurance costs for spouses/dependents in the near future, but nothing on that yet. 401k matching was doubled recently but still needs work.

I'm comfortable here day-to-day, but I'm not sure I see myself here forever without some relatively big, continuing improvements.

That said, between here and 9E? It depends on what you wanna do long-term anyway. 135 and airline flying are completely different beasts. I will say, you'll make a lot more here in the first years than you would at any regional, and you'll upgrade to solid pay quickly.
What happened to WW?