View Single Post
Old 01-18-2022, 10:03 AM
tm602
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014
Position: Just a pilot

Originally Posted by mlefan3 View Post
Hello Everyone,

With all the hiring happening right now at basically every airline, I haven't seen much movement at SWA. From reading APC it looks like this is due to the lack of personnel to train new hires. I live in the Orlando area and would love to work at SWA. Even with the knowledge that MCO would take time to hold and the upgrade isn't quick I have had such a positive experience while commuting for both military and regional life that I can only hope to get on with Southwest. I have applied on the last 3-4 windows with no luck so far and I believe the references section have a big Red X has someting to do with it. My question is 1) does anyone know if this has something to do with selection and 2) where/how do you meet SW pilots to get an Internal rec? Does SW do a "Meet the Chiefs" or career fairs and if so whats the prospect of this alone working out? My apologies if this is in another forum and feel free to delete or move this into the appropriate spot.
Don't give up, it took me 6 windows. Didn't attend any events, just kept applying. Have the virtual next week and crossing fingers/praying/hoping/monkey dusting all I can to get the job. Seemingly things are on a rocky road at the moment, but I am sure good things will come.