Thread: New Hire Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 10:54 AM
flywithjohn
Ref +8

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: North by Midwest

Originally Posted by PossibleDeviation View Post
MSP is strictly DL except for this past summer when we had some UA 175 flying.

But if you’re comparing company departures vs cancellations then yes you need to compare total company departures (all 4 partners) or it makes literally no sense.

I mean two weeks ago OO was having more daily cancellations than total daily 9E departures.

The size and scope of each company is VERY different.
If you want provide the cancellation rate for OO, by all means. I don’t know it or have access to it. I also don’t care. The OP is asking about MSP, I’m going to give information relevant about MSP. The OP expressed concern for the safer option - what do they mean by “safer”? That can be interpreted multiple ways. Base? Contract? Fleet guarantee? Liquidity? Career progression? Leather coat?

More importantly, what is their long term goal? If they say UA or AA, OO is probably the better the bet. If it absolutely has to be DL or bust, then 9E is the safer option as it’s contractually guaranteed. If they just want to drive to MSP until they can get hired at Sunny, then I personally would select 9E since it’s the same training center. Allot of the answers are going to be determined by what does the OP want short and long term. 9E and OO are two regional airlines that won’t be disappearing anytime soon, so potential new hires need to look at other factors.