View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 02:42 PM
BrownGirls YUM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Originally Posted by Busboy View Post
We don't need more lawyers...We need leadership. Leadership that can mold this group into a real union. And ,members that can help educate those that just can't seem to get it.
I agree in principle with your entire point of our role as a pilot group in the negotiating process. It's true we aren't nearly up to the task as a group, and I see no improvement in that area given our current trio in the MEC front office. But do you really believe BC came away from the FDA LOA table with the best the company was willing to give at that point? There's a bridge over sheet river in Olongapo for which my yard guy can obtain the deed if you are interested.

How do we get our collective act together? New MEC Chair, Vice and SEC/TREAS. We already have a new NC, so that helps. Throw in a ringer pro negotiator and C-O-M-M-U-N-I-C-A-T-E with the membership.

Our only hope to establish any semblence of unity is to clean house up top and bring in a ringer and hope that acts as a catalyst for us to get together as a group. Status quo leadership will equal status quo crew force lack-of-faith/apathy.