View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 02:57 PM
purpledog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

I guess you haven't either been here long or really reviewed the reserve section of the contract. Line guys getting raped??? Reserve guys have it GREAT because their only getting called out twice a month???

Here's a few problems with reserves:
1. Floating R-day (schedules option....ANY line guys have a MOVEABLE day??)
2. No protection jumpseating into MEM for reserve (Oh line guys already have that!!)
3. A+ and B+ periods (we got paid if moved before)
4. Show pay now only counts towards RLG not leveling (Changed in THIS contract)
5. No disruption pay for reserves (flew the same trip as the other guys in the cockpit but less pay).
6. No SIG input into R lines.

Shall I keep going??? Yeah guys are not getting called PRESENTLY because of company manning levels NOT because reserve is so great!!
It's your choice to bid reserve. You have to deal with this a couple times a month when you fly. I deal with the sodomizer every pairing I fly on now. Yes reserve took a hit on this contract too, but for Pete's sake, cry me a frickin river. When you start getting called out as much as a line pilot flies, then you will get sympathy. Manning levels aren't going to change anytime soon, enjoy your time at home while we get gang raped by the sodomizer. I think we beat this to death.