Thread: New Hire Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 09:10 AM
flyingfiddler
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by flywithjohn View Post
If you want provide the cancellation rate for OO, by all means. I don’t know it or have access to it. I also don’t care. The OP is asking about MSP, I’m going to give information relevant about MSP. The OP expressed concern for the safer option - what do they mean by “safer”? That can be interpreted multiple ways. Base? Contract? Fleet guarantee? Liquidity? Career progression? Leather coat?

More importantly, what is their long term goal? If they say UA or AA, OO is probably the better the bet. If it absolutely has to be DL or bust, then 9E is the safer option as it’s contractually guaranteed. If they just want to drive to MSP until they can get hired at Sunny, then I personally would select 9E since it’s the same training center. Allot of the answers are going to be determined by what does the OP want short and long term. 9E and OO are two regional airlines that won’t be disappearing anytime soon, so potential new hires need to look at other factors.

December is the most recent numbers I can grab without putting in actual effort 😛 so this is what I see:

SKW:
21,429 Delta Connection departures
850 Delta Connection cancellations
~3.9%

EDV:
22,589 Delta Connection departures
27 Delta Connection cancellations
~0.01%