Thread: Psa new hire
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2022, 07:31 AM
Approach1260
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Originally Posted by TallFlyer View Post
The unfortunate reality is that pairings still have to comply with Section 12, 117, etc, and when we’re planned around the mainline schedule, AND all flying in and out of CLT is padded because of the ramp there, there are going to be outliers in trips.

Without knowing the credit distribution of the entire set of trips for a given bid period, and taking into account that our two round bidding system slices and dices trips into the inefficiencies you note, one example doesn’t really tell the whole story.

The problem though is the company wanted to jump right into fixing those issues via PBS without having enough self awareness to realize that the pilot group has very little faith in the company, AND simultaneously hyping the advantages of SAP to new hire pilots while trying to gut it through negotiations.

The fact that they were expecting ST and JD to just deliver it for them, with the former pilot double dipping without a medical, shows how short sighted they were and didn’t have enough situational awareness to realize what they wanted was NEVER going to get past a pilot vote, ST’e machinations notwithstanding.

In short, it’s a lot more complicated that just “build better pairings,” but the company was operating like they wanted to score a home run in the first five minutes of a Tinder date vs the eHarmony approach that the pilot group was looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah it definitely is a more complicated problem than I made it seem.

Well management has made their bed and now they've gotta sleep in it. I guess we'll see if they get desperate enough to offer enough to keep the operation moving before we run out of enough Captains to be viable anymore.

AA either needs to do something drastic or figure out how to fill a 787 without regionals bringing passengers to the hubs.