View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 09:44 PM
TOGALOCK
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by PositiveRate20 View Post
Attrition is outpacing hiring. We are officially shrinking.
Originally Posted by PositiveRate20 View Post
Who really cares if management or Indigo are concerned. The pilots are concerned. And the more the pilots are concerned, the more people will bail, the less people wlll show up, and this place will be shrinking faster than management can stop it. And in my opinion, raising first year pay isn’t going to even begin to solve the problem. Attrition is coming from everywhere….not just probationary pilots.
Good God man. Splash some cold water on your face and get off the ledge. Remember, this isn’t a Frontier specific problem. Anyone who isn’t UAL, AA, DL, FDX or UPS are experiencing the same thing. I would argue that being at the bottom of a legacy list comes with its own gamble at the moment, but there will always be people who will follow the bright neon lights to a strip club with std laden geriatric strippers because the sign says “free beer”.

I do agree with you though that it will take more than raising first year pay. The entire slope of our pay scale needs to be readjusted. Let’s just hope that the senior papas and mamas on the 12 year line realize that their own self preservation in the future may require them to not eat their young and might mean not getting as much on their end so people below them can have more.

That also brings me to this… contract negotiations are right around the corner. Do you not think that the company will use the fear of shrinkage (I WAS IN THE POOL!) to their advantage to get the pilot group to vote “yes”? You need to relax. If you’re this shaken by *this*, you are about to be reduced to a pile of useless goo in the corner when negotiations start.