View Single Post
Old 02-01-2022, 03:08 AM
Aero1900
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: 1900D CA

Originally Posted by petipai View Post
that is why you know he is Management. The rest of us actually fly the line and see all the worts and *****. I do enjoy F9 though, even with the blemishes. Some days are frustrating, but if you commute enough you learn every place has its problems. Just seems like ours should have easy fixes and you are left wondering why they do not get fixed.
I'm not in management. Never have been, never will be. Im just a regular ol' line pilot.

I've waited 3+ hours to get a gate after landing multiple times here. And guess what? I got paid a bunch of money to look at my phone, chat with my coworkers and then I went home and enjoyed my life. And if you don't think that other airlines have their problems too.... you're just clueless.

Being a pilot is a great job, if you can keep a good attitude. If you have a crap attitude here, you'll have a crap attitude wrapped in a different uniform at United or Delta. (I'm not speaking directly to you petpipai, just in general to all the people who love to b*tch)

Every airline has problems. Take a look at how JetBlue handled this blizzard in the Northeast. They left thousands of people stranded at JFK. Looked like a war zone. They took a ton of flak on social media. People were ****ed! And then guess what happened? The pilots got to go on their days off, got paid on pay day, got money dumped into their 401k and got to keep their health insurance. Life goes on.

And again, as for our little attrition problem: its just the leverage we need to get a better contract in the next round! As a pilot group, we want to see some attrition! If we have no attrition, what leverage would we have to get pay raises in the next round?? Plus, I'll gladly take some premium trips in the meantime. I haven't had a single premium trip alert in a week, so our staffing issues must not be that bad! Yet. But bring it on.

Let's let the supply and demand for pilots work in our favor