View Single Post
Old 02-01-2022, 04:08 AM
JTwift
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by meitnerium View Post
Has the way FJ handled duty time changed since OP started this thread? Is it still 14 hours on and 10 hours off?
They'll schedule you for 12 pretty much every day. 12-14 is overtime (1.5x), so they try and avoid it most days. For an FO it's like $50, but Captains can make several hundred in overtime >12.

The 10 off varies. Sometimes it's longer. It just depends on how busy things are (generally very busy). Keep in mind, too, that the 10 off isn't 10 behind the door. After your last flight of the day, you'll get 30 minutes if it was an empty leg or 1 hour if it was a live leg. Then your timer starts. So, if it takes your last flight was empty, you have 30 minutes to put the plane to bed, then get to the hotel (unlikely). If it's 30 minutes to shut down the plane/pins, etc, then 20 minutes to wait for an Uber/shuttle, then 20 minutes to the hotel, your 10 hours started 30 minutes after you landed. So you just lost 40 minutes of that 10 hours (you're down to 9:20 left). The 10 hours ends at your report time at the plane (usually 1 hour before takeoff). So, if your hotel is 30 minutes from the airport, you just lost 30 minutes because your 10 hours doesn't end at bus time. It ends at show-at-the-plane time. So now you really got 8:50.

I did have Captains call dispatch pretty often and change the end-time because an Uber or shuttle was taking forever, though.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong; I left FJ last year.