View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 01:16 PM
BiffleBalls
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Originally Posted by WaterRooster View Post
I was junior Left seat. I really did enjoy it here and I think in the end I would have been happy but it was a “what’s best if the family” decision. I’ll be based at home on the west coast. Other then that I was starting to struggle how the company squeezed its pennies. No catering, potable water is ok to drink and then lately the sick call memos/section 19’s and closing ORD which seems to be nothing more then vindictive. I’m probably leaving one devil for the other but at least I’m going in with eyes wide open.

What I’m going to miss are the crews. There is no denying that this pilot group was one of the best groups I have ever flown with. Management though… Ugh….
I'm junior left seat as well and thought I would NEVER consider leaving, but I'm updating apps and collecting LOR's for the exact reasons you listed above. I have it on good authority that you are right, it was a knee jerk reaction by Biffle to the challenge in staffing ORD during the Omicron surge. Other airlines drew down flying and had similar numbers of crew call out but Frontier didn't budge. No analysis was done on how closing ORD as a pilot base (but not as a flight attendant base?) affected the operation, how it would affect the pilot group or anything else. I don't want to work for people who do not respect my contribution to their success. We are going to lose a lot of pilots over this. I haven't made up my mind for sure but I'm going to see what my options are.