View Single Post
Old 02-03-2022, 09:32 AM
12Left
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2022

Originally Posted by MtnFlying View Post
For those having issues with recruiters answering the mail, just hang in there, it will get better. I know everyone is chomping at the bit to get started and looking for as much info as possible, but with the amount of in and out happening right now, they are a bit overwhelmed as you can imagine. I'm not going to make excuses for them, but communication does get better once you are in the system. I'm two thirds of the way through training and the training coordinators have been responsive for the most part. It hasn't been perfect, but as long as it gets fixed - no harm, no foul. The HQ's is not staffed like a major and with the number of pilots going through the revolving door (FA's too, but that's a separate department), HR is doing the best they can to keep up. They really are focused on the next class, which happens each week on either the ERJ or CRJ.

From all my years in the military (you want to talk about information black holes sometimes ), I've always found a whole lot of honey and patience went further than constantly using a 200 pound sledgehammer. It may seem like they've forgotten about you, but they haven't.
This right here. Everyone is swamped. You will have plenty of time to get all your info uploaded before you start class. Once you are in class, be prepared for potential delays. COVID ran through the instructor group (on the ERJ at least) not too long ago and caused a lot of hiccups in the footprint. During sims if you are worried about forgetting something because of a long break, observe other students sessions. Ask around your class or at the hotel who is doing what session and observe it. There is a current wait for IOE because of LCA's are so busy and the new LCA's haven't gotten their fed ride, so it is taking awhile. Have patience with everything during your training, worry about what only you can control (studying and being prepared for each lesson) and you will be on the line soon enough.