View Single Post
Old 02-05-2022, 08:54 PM
fcoolaiddrinker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2012

Originally Posted by runinonfumes View Post
the reality of aviation and F9s future is always a risk/benefit analysis. It all comes down to that. When I looked at it, I came upon the conclusion that the risk at F9 is more significant then that at any of the legacies. Even if money really was a wash (it’s not even close BTW) the potential loss of the current seniority gains at all the legacy’s and Cargo's is real vs. the the HOPE that F9 will be able to really double in size anytime soon. The added benefit of how truly terrible F9s management was during the contract negotiations on top of how utterly spineless the senior pilots were during last negotiations. I just couldn’t see real improvements ever becoming a reality. I just can’t get past the level of risk staying at F9 has. And no F9 is in now way better suited to ride out some downturn then any other airline. The last 3 years more then proved that. Why are some folks so convinced otherwise? Did they forget how close they came to being jobless before?

So I made a move, and I will be 80% in base before the end of my training. The company is needing to add 25% to my fleet just to meet demand and they are actually doing it, not just making promises. So by mid summer I will be sub 50%. Upgrades (it seems some people are ever so hung up on that metric for some reason) are less then at F9s.
it’s not even close is right depending on where you are. For me I would lose a few hundred grand at least. I flew a UAL guy to sfo the other day. He was commuting to sfo to start a 4 day. Started with one leg to ewr. By the time I was back in las he was just taking off to ewr. We both showed at the same time and I was home eating breakfast for the same 5 credit that day. Pretty sure my QOL is better than his. At least that day. That’s why I mentioned nobody can answer the question except that person.