View Single Post
Old 02-05-2022, 09:23 PM
jpncrjdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014
Position: CRJ Left/Right
Default Update

Hi Guys and Gals

Just a update on Ibex or "The Goat" as we call it here... Will make multiple post as I have lost two long ones... I type slow... As with many Airlines around the world the Covid-19 hit our little airline hard too... In 2020 the schedule was reduced to 73% by ANA... Ibex at the time was only doing the Capacity Purchase schedule with ANA... Reduction in revenue caused Management to look at cost savings... In 2019 we had a change of Sr.VP, the gentleman that was at the helm when I joined retired from flying and assumed a VP Corp Safety position... Management ask the TF/Expat Captains for help and a pay reduction... We agreed to match what the Japanese pilot union agreed to up to 20%... The Japanese pilots took no rate reductions and Management wanted the 20% from the Expats... We pushed back and the Sr.VP then only took 15% but vowed he would not hire any more TF/Expats... At the time we were 10 of 35 captains... He also removed the 3 TF/Expats from instructor status... They then actively started recruiting Japanese Captains returning from KAL/EVA and such...