View Single Post
Old 02-06-2022, 11:42 AM
TOGALOCK
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by jchollywood11 View Post
Haha some interesting stuff on here. My question might not even matter in the long term if the merger being discussed is true. I just moved to FL for one of the start-up LCCs and they are closing down my base and apparently another base in a month. I have still decided the LCC life is still for me and my family. I just want to just a more established carrier. Anyways, I am blessed to have a couple of interviews coming up this month with some LCCs… Wanted to know y’all’s honest opinion… Who has the better contract, F9 or NK? I know NK has a lot of schedule flexibility including the ability to drop to 0 hours as well as a min 4 days off between trips for line holders. Does F9 have anything similar? If so, can you be specific? F9’s nearest FL base is about a 20 minute drive to work for me and NK’s is about a 90 minute drive. Is NK’s contract worth the extra hour on my commute? Thanks.
Congrats on the interviews! The correct answer of where to go is whichever one hires you.

To answer your questions, the contracts are a wash. NK has some things we don’t, we have some things they don’t. For example spirit has 321 override (variable based on 320 to 321 block hours). We pay 125% for any credit over 82 hours for the month. Spirit is straight pay regardless of credit hours.

Our scheduling flexibility and ability to manipulate our schedule at F9 is great. No, you can’t drop to zero like Spirit. However, if that’s important to you I would caution you of this: You don’t just ask and it’s done at NK. The availability and coverage has to be there in order to drop to zero. With the short staffed situation that both NK and F9 are about to face, I’d venture to say that dropping down to zero will be next to impossible going forward.

All things being equal with an offer from both I’d say take the shorter drive.